We hope you are all healthy and safe during these unprecedented times. It has surely been a stressful and scary year for us all. However, here at Cranford Dental Arts, we are committed to the health and safety of our patients and staff. Like you, we are monitoring the latest news regarding COVID-19 and are implementing all the necessary changes here in the office. As a dental office, we have already integrated several robust infection control protocols into our normal procedures in an attempt to best combat this infectious disease. The protocols that we have taken are listed down below.
- Firstly, we have added UltraHEPA air filtration units into our office. These units filter particles down to .003 microns (the smallest COVID-19 particle is estimated around .06 microns).
- We have purchased extra high volume suction equipment for our hygienist to minimize aerosols created during cleaning appointments.
- We are disinfecting all surfaces at high frequency
- We are heavily screening patients over the phone and again at their appointments. We take their temperature, check their oxygen saturation levels with a pulse-oximeter, and make them sign a waiver ensuring that they are symptom free. Patients will then use a pre-treatment rinse to actively kill bacteria in their mouth.
- We have implemented a “virtual waiting room” instead of our normal waiting room in an effort to minimize patient to patient contact. Now, we kindly ask you to call or text us at 908-276-4116 when they arrive to be let in one at a time.
- We have removed all magazines, communal refreshments, and the treasure chest from the front office (water and prizes will still be available upon request).
- Patients must wear a mask during the entirety of the visit except when getting work done.
- The number of patients in the office at a time will be closely monitored and limited.
- All staff members are screened daily and are asked to stay at home if not well.
- Our team is wearing extra protective equipment to keep both the patient and themselves safe.
During this time, there is a lot of uncertainty and everything is open to change. However, we urge you to take this time to stay safe and healthy as we stay up to date with all the new developments and recommended protocols.
Best wishes to you and your family from all of us here at Cranford Dental Arts!